This is the card that I created and made over a dozen to donate to the Ronald McDonald House in Kitchener/Waterloo, Ontario. It was also entered into a contest, in which the rules were no sentiment or text, make it bright and colourful! I was quite happy with the way it turned out. Some magic happened when blending ink, I only utilized three colours: Real Red, Tempting Turquoise and Tangerine Tango, yet when the colours blended and overlapped a fourth and fifth colour emerged. A pretty lilac between the Real Red and Tempting Turquoise and a lovely green between the Tempting Turquoise and the Tangerine Tango. This effect added a lot of fun to this project! The little button was handmade as well, with Simply Pressed Clay and the Buttons and Blossoms Mold. You press the clay into the mold, allow to set, remove from mold then colour with a marker and a clear coat of Crystal Effects.
Quick tip: Change white Baker’s Twine to turquoise by dragging it across the surface of a stamp pad to soak up the ink! 😉
Techniques used stamping, sponging, texture impressions and heat embossing.
Materials needed to complete this card are:
- Bright and Beautiful Stamp Set Wood 135026 Clear 135029
- Real Red Cardstock 102482
- Basic Black Cardstock 121045
- Tempting Turquoise Cardstock 102067
- Whisper White Cardstock 100730
- Versamark Ink Pad 102283
- Real Red Classic Ink Pad 126949
- Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink Pad 126952
- Tangerine Tango Classic Ink Pad 126946
- White Embossing Powder 109132
- Embossing Buddy 103083
- Heat Tool 129053
- Sponges 101610
- Tangerine Tango Marker, available only in Brights Set of 12 131259
- White Baker’s Twine 124262
- Sticky Strip 104294 – to adhere the button to the card.
- Texture Boutique Machine 132657
- Lucky Stars Textured Impression Embossing Folder 135817
Remember to inspire, create and share!